Saturday, July 7, 2007

Race plan

It is said to make a solid race plan and expect it to fall apart quickly and adapt.

My race plan is as the following:

On the swim Start with the last group on the left - since I tend to drift right and I am slow
Draft from someone if I can, if not find some clear water, Jamie just told us that swimming side by side actually slows down both swimmers.

Keep a steady state, if needed do continuous turns to backstroke ( although this kind of makes me dizzy)

Exiting the water head to transition 1, I already have my biking outfit underneath me so I just gear up and head out on the ride.

Take it extremely easy on the first loop of the ride then go moderate effort on the second loop.

Not to lose time in transitions, move on smoothly steadily.

Do what you can on the run keep an eye on the garmin, do not slack off.

Keep it simple think within the box(the immediate present situation)

Enjoy the scenery and the cheering people !

Well this is the last post before the race I guess..

www.ironmanlive.com will have online athlete tracking for each leg ( swim,bike,run) , my race number is 2392 - Ironman Austria.

Bye ! Will catch up with you on Monday or Tuesday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck !

Anonymous said...

This is it, girlfriend! Show 'em what you've got.

I'm sending you some "Ride the Rockies" climbing legs....

Lisa