Thursday, July 5, 2007

I Want to be a pro !

I want to be a Pro .. but not on racing, but on 'living' an event.

While I was pondering on what I wanted to gain from this event, it occurred to me that my speed - ranking was not that important, as long as I was able to finish at the end of the main crowd and not be DFL (Dead f..ing last)

However I want to be able to enjoy the 'experience' itself, connect with others and learn about new places, lifestyles, listen to different life stories, experience the lifestyles,breathe the air of the places that I travel for the events. All of these opens up ones perspective in life and makes the possibilities in all aspects of life seem endless. This might sound cheesy but this is how I truly feel.

IM races break the barriers among people, the participants become comfortable with each other and easily connect and enjoy the friendship of the others. The relations being based on the common grounds of the love of the sport, dedication required. I guess this is true for all hobbies,sports .. triathlon just happened to be the one that I chose to follow.

No comments: